The Powercore Power Bar is a high end Olympic Bar designed for heavy powerlifting.
Powercore Power Bar
Available on backorder
The Powercore Power Bar is a high end Olympic Bar designed for heavy powerlifting. Please note this Olympic Bar is not suitable for Crossfit / Olympic Lifting.
Made from only the best Spring Steel, this bar can take a maximum load of an incredible 680kg, with a tensile strength of 170,000 psi.
This olympic bar comes with dual knurl marks, without a centre knurl
The most important things to look out for on a good olympic lifting bar is:
1. Steel Used on the handle
2. What makes up the inside of the sleeve, i.e. Brass Bushing & Needle Bearings.
The above two components is what seperates a good bar from an average or bad bar.
How Powercore Olympic Lifting Bars are made up:
- Knurl Marks: Dual (Powerlifting & Olympic Lifting), no centre knurl
- Steel: Spring Steel
- Coating: Black Oxide (The chemical reaction to spring steel gives it the bronze colour)
- Brass Bushings
- Bearings: 4x High Quality Needle Bearings (4 in each sleeve)
- Bar Diameter: 28mm
- Bar Length: 2200mm
- Warranty: 6 months
- Maximum Load: 680kg
- Weight: 20kg
- Tensile Strength: 170k psi
Different Types of steel used to make an Olympic Bar:
- Q235: Low Grade Steel, used for entry level olympic bars, i.e. olympic bars for Bench Press etc. These bars are suitable for a normal gym environment, however powerlifters who are moving heavy weight will require an olympic bar made from either Spring Steel or High Alloy Steel. When this bar bends, it does not go back straight like a High Alloy Steel bar would.
- Spring Steel: Mid Grade Steel. The majority of “good” olympic bars are made from spring steel, and is therefore suitable for powerlifting use.
- High Alloy: High Grade Steel. High Alloy Steel is exceptionally high quality, and is therefore the steel of choice for high end Olympic Lifting & Powerlifting bars. This is the steel of choice for all our Powercore Olympic Lifting Bars.
Recommended Maintenance of a Black Oxide Olympic Bar:
1) Use a plastic bristle brush and a mild detergent to clean the knurl – This is just like cleaning the leaves out of your gutter, if you leave them in there bad things happen.
2) Wipe down with 3:1 oil and brush into the knurl with plastic bristle brush. The steel will soak the oil in and the bar will stay healthy.
3) Wipe off any excess oil with a dry towel.
4) Frequency will be based on climate
What to expect over time:
1) The bar will most likely get a patina over time.
2) Barbell will last a lifetime
We have not encountered many problems with our olympic bars, when we have it has been found that there has been misuse. I.e Olympic Bar being dropped on incorrect flooring, not using bumper plates, dropping the bar on safety pins etc. The warranty is only valid if the Olympic Bar is using on an a lifting platform when the rubber flooring is at least 25mm thick. Olympic Bars must also be used with Olympic Bumper Plates if there is any dropping whatsoever. To ensure longevity of your Olympic Bar, don’t drop it unnecessarily. If any of the above is not adhered to, the warranty is void, and it will limit the lifespan of your Olympic Bar.
Black Oxide including Sleeves
Dual Knurl Marks
4x Needle Bearings with Brass Bushings & Snap Ring Design
Heavy Power Lifting
|Suitable for Dropping|
1 Year Warranty on bar, 6 Month Warranty on Bearings