The Powercore Black Oxide Olympic bearing bar is the ideal “beater bar” for use in crossfit and olympic weight lifting.
Powercore Olympic Lifting Bar (450kg)
Available on backorder
The Powercore 450kg Bearing bar has upgraded needle bearings ensuring durabilty, and a smooth sleeve spin. Knurling marks are according to IPF Powerlifting standards without a centre knurl.
Recommended Maintenance of a Black Oxide Olympic Bar:
1) Use a plastic bristle brush and a mild detergent to clean the knurl – This is just like cleaning the leaves out of your gutter, if you leave them in there bad things happen.
2) Wipe down with 3:1 oil and brush into the knurl with plastic bristle brush. The steel will soak the oil in and the bar will stay healthy.
3) Wipe off any excess oil with a dry towel.
4) Frequency will be based on climate
What to expect over time:
1) The bar will most likely get a patina over time.
2) Barbell will last a lifetime
We have not encountered many problems with our olympic bars, when we have it has been found that there has been misuse. I.e Olympic Bar being dropped on incorrect flooring, not using bumper plates, dropping the bar on safety pins etc. The warranty is only valid if the Olympic Bar is using on an a lifting platform when the rubber flooring is at least 25mm thick. Olympic Bars must also be used with Olympic Bumper Plates if there is any dropping whatsoever. To ensure longevity of your Olympic Bar, don’t drop it unnecessarily. If any of the above is not adhered to, the warranty is void, and it will limit the lifespan of your Olympic Bar.
Black Oxide with Chrome Sleeves
Power Lifting Knurl Marks, No Centre Knurl
8x Needle Bearings with Brass Bushings & Snap Ring Design
|Suitable for Dropping|
Crossfit / Olympic Lifting
1 Year Warranty on bar, 6 Month Warranty on Bearings