Key Features :
- MZ-Switch features patent-pending technology and is the only device in the world that has a dual purpose of both photoplethysmography (PPG) and
electrocardiography (ECG), providing a complete pathway for accurate monitoring.
- The MZ-Switch provides an easy transition for people wanting to start accurately recording their physical activity, with a wrist or forearm strap that records the heart’s activity through the pulse on the arm.
- Ideal for people who walk or cycle, they can then transition to more intense physical activity without purchasing a different heart rate monitor and have the increased accuracy of ECG measurement.
- It also provides a transition for those that want to begin monitoring their physical activity with the ease of a wrist-based device and then motivating them to do a little more as their confidence grows.
Wearable in 3 Ways:
- Use for non-gripping activity and repeatable movements, including swimming. The wrist and forearm-based monitors provide 95% PPG accuracy for low-intensity activities with slow, repetitive arm movements such as walking, hiking, swimming, running, or cycling.
- Use for improved accuracy during non-gripping activities and repeatable movements, except swimming. The forearm position should be used for any exercises that involve heavy wrist movements or flexion.
- Use for the most accurate readings during all types of exercises except swimming. The chest-based tracking continues to provide 99.4% ECG accuracy and is based on the electric impulses from the heart. This type of tracking is perfect for high-intensity training such as HIIT and running.
What is the Difference between ECG and PPG? :
- Electrocardiography (ECG) heart rate monitoring:
ECG sensors monitor your heart’s electrical activity and displays it as a moving line of peaks and dips. It measures the electrical current that runs through your
heart. It is the most accurate fitness and physical activity tracker for measuring your heart rate.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) heart rate monitoring:
PPG tracking involves optical measurement with light to record blood flow and is often measured on your wrist. The PPG sensor uses light-based technology to detect the rate of blood flow as controlled by the heart’s pumping action, predicting your heart rate. PPG sensors are best-suited to non-gripping activity and repeatable movements.
How is MZ-Switch different to other wearables? :
- Other mass market smart watches such as Apple and fitbit are only accurate on the repeatable and predictable movement of the wrist (running/ cycling) and non-gripping activity. This is the equivalent of just having the MZ-Switch for the forearm and the wrist. But it is irrelevant for 95% of the in-club activity that involves gripping, (such as kettlebells, weights and burpees). With the MZ-Switch, you can switch it onto your chest and still stay motivated.
- Other mass market smart watches for wearing all day ‘generally’ track exercise but are not designed to maximize your sense of “personal achievement.”
- Myzone offers the world’s best accuracy during functional training, swimming and all forms of exercise. The MEPs point system democratizes exercise and makes it more sociable, inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
- Social connection through the app, Myzone social media groups and gym communities, as well as staying connected with family and friends – no matter when or where your members choose to work out.
- Real-time feedback with MZ-Remote or in-club displays help to motivate and enable coach feedback and peer member recognition.
What it does
- Allows you to switch between wrist, arm and chest with ease.
- Tracks your physical activity so you can earn MEPs in the gym, outdoors and when you swim.
- Unlocks heart rate training for anyone not comfortable wearing a chest strap.
- Instantly tells you which zone you’re in when worn on the wrist, thanks to the flashing indicator light.
- Built-in memory so that you can work out phone-free.
- Shows live workout stats that you can view via the app, on your smartwatch or on the screen in your gym.
- Logs every workout online so you can engage your community and make every effort count.
- Connects with your favourite cardio machines.
- Let’s you see your heart rate on screen with MZ-Remote and MZ-Remote+
- Sets monthly physical activity goals recommended by the World Health Organization that maintains positive lifestyle change for the long term
Specification and Compatibility
- Connects via Bluetooth (BLE with dual-channel capability) and ANT+.
- 99.4% accuracy using the ECG sensor on the chest, equal to equipment used by health professionals.
- 95% accuracy using the PPG sensor on the wrist and arm.
- Waterproof to a depth of 10m.
- Stores up to 36 hours of exercise data.
- Battery life of three to six months between charges, depending on use (USB charging cable included).
- Tracks physical activity in water when worn on the wrist.
- App compatible with IOS 12.0 and above.
- App compatible with Android 5.0 and above.
SEE YOUR ZONE WITHOUT A PHONE
A new light indicator on the MZ-Switch means that you can see which zone you’re in without breaking your flow. Wear on your arm to work out phone free.
DUAL SENSOR TECHNOLOGY
Now anyone can monitor and earn Myzone Effort Points (MEPs) for every single type of physical activity thanks to the integration of both ECG and PPG sensors. This means that reaching the World Health Organization’s Guidelines for Physical Activity (which equates to 1300 MEPs per month) is more attainable than ever.