There are a couple of things to consider before you go on to purchase your weight lifting equipment—and they are especially important if you are buying online and setting up a gym at home. Here are a few tips:
- Do your research – Take a look at product reviews and see what other customers have to say. Read the product description to find out what the equipment is made of. As with anything that you are about to try for the first time, you have to do a little searching and reading.
- Buy from a reputable shop – Purchase your gym equipment from a shop that is not only authorised to sell genuine products, but is also manned by experts who know thing or two about what they are selling to their customers. Read up the shop’s history and testimonials. Check if they perform installation services and how fast they can deliver.
- Measure your space – Take note of the dimensions of where you plan on placing your gym equipment. Most of these machines need a minimum amount of room for maximum efficiency and safety reasons. Measure the height, width and length of your available space and compare them with the actual measurements of the products.
- Try before you buy – If you can, then test out the equipment before you buy it. If not, go by the reviews. Some online shops accept returns and exchanges, which is highly useful if you are having it delivered to you and can’t test it before buying.
- Go for adjustable – If your home weight lifting equipment will be used by multiple users, buy something adjustable and adaptive to various sizes and capabilities. Buy barbells that can be easily adjusted with a push or lifting a pin; same goes for presses. For kettle balls and dumbbells, purchase various weights to accommodate novice to expert lifters.