Treadmills are one of the most poplar pieces of cardio equipment available, and with good reason. You are able to burn a great amount of calories in a short period of time. A treadmill can put pressure on your knees due to the impact when running. The DKN Range of treadmills come with a feature called progressive shock absorption which limits the amount of impact on your joints.
What are the important things to look out for when buying a treadmill:
1. Size of the motor: Make sure you know the continuous HP of the motor. For entry level home use, do not purchase a treadmill with less than 1.75hp Continuous Power. Treadmills with a continuous HP of more than 2.25hp are regarded to be the norm for a heavy duty home use treadmill.
2. DC or AC Motor: DC Motors are a characteristic of Home Use and Semi-Commercial Treadmills. An AC motor is an industrial grade motor, usually found in commercial treadmills
3. Warranties: Make sure the treadmill you purchase has at least a two year warranty on parts.
4. Specifications of the treadmill: Max User Weight, Max Speed, Max Incline etc. Make sure you buy a treadmill that suites your needs.
Some of the treadmills available at MiFitness (Please note, not all treadmills are listed, contact us if you would like information on our entire range of treadmills)
- DKN AiRun-X Treadmill – R 14,500.00 Sale
- DKN Road Runner Treadmill (Heavy Duty Home Use) – R 15,500.00
- Treadmill - DKN Runtech 3 (Semi-Commercial) – R 17,990.00
- Treadmill - DKN Runtech 3E (Semi-Commercial) – R 19,600.00
- Treadmill - Impulse AC2970 (Commercial) – R 26,700.00
- Impulse PT300 Commercial Treadmill – R 29,900.00
- SportsArt T652 Treadmill ECO POWR (Full Commercial) – R 60,200.00
- SportsArt T672 Club Series Treadmill (ECO POWR) – R 78,700.00